You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
- Eighth Grade Math Power Standards
- Eighth Grade Language Arts Power Standards
- Eighth Grade Social Studies Power Standards
- Grade Level Newsletters
- Set up and solve linear equations and inequalities with one variable using algebraic methods, models, and / or graphs using real life situations
- Evaluate simple algebraic expressions and equations for given variables
- Predict the probability of simple experiments and use tree diagrams, lists,tables or other models to represent possible or actual outcomes
- Identify and analyze main ideas, supporting ideas, and supporting details in fiction and non-fiction texts using reading strategies.
- Demonstrate research skills: locate key information, evaluate information for purpose, gather information using a note taking system, and organize information to create a final product.
- Express ideas using appropriate discussion and oral presentation techniques.
- Interpret text beyond a liberal meaning.
- Identify, analyze, and apply knowledge of the purpose, structure, and elements of non-fiction or informational materials and provide evidence from the text to support their understanding.
- Use paragraphs to create a five paragraph essay.
- Consider writing as a work in process. Revise writing by level of detail using vivid and figurative language, organizing ideas, using sentence variety.
- Apply knowledge of the parts of speech to improve writing.
- Organize coherent paragraphs into advanced compositions.
- Use context to figure out meanings of new vocabulary words and use vocabulary in context.
- Draw conclusions from historical evidence about social characteristics.
- Identify various economic systems and recognize the systems implications on American history.
- Recognize the rights and duties of citizenship and act on these civic responsibilities.
- Describe and critique the causes and consequences of wars on conflicts.
- Identify the structure and function of American government and apply that knowledge throughout history.