Lisle Junior High School is committed to the success of all students. Reflective of this commitment is the placement of students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment. Inclusion facilitators are on the staff to individually assist those students with Individual Education Plans (IEP). Students with IEP’s may participate in any of a variety of education settings in order to best support their growth.
- Stay organized! Make sure you put classroom handouts in the correct folder of your trapper or binder. No loose papers floating in your locker!
- Be on time and prepared for class.If you can't remember what to bring to each class, make yourself a locker reminder.
- Use your assignment notebook! No one expects for you to remember your first hour homework at the end of the day! If you write down your homework, you can also use your assignment notebook to help you pack your book bag with what you need each night.
- Don't procrastinate.What happens if you haven't started your SSR project until the night before it's due? You can't do your best and you get overwhelmed. Make small goals and finish pieces of the project over time.
- Study every night. Review your notes, teach your parents, or do online practice quizzes for ten minutes every night. Your brain will remember information better this way than trying to study everything in one night
Tips to Remember:
- Please encourage your child to write in their assignment notebook each day so that you can check it at home. You may want to encourage your child to bring home any assignments they have completed in class so that you may review them for completeness and accuracy.
- Check your PowerSchool account for updates on attendance, grades and other demographic information.
- Check the LJHS Online Homework Hotline daily for assignments