Welcome to Fourth Grade! Please click on the sections to the right to learn more about fourth grade.
- Homework Policy
- Homework Guidelines
- MAP Testing Practice Websites
- Fourth Grade Reading Program
- Classroom Schedules
- State Project Information
- Assignments are given orally and posted on the assignment board.
- Children are required to copy them in their Assignment Notebooks.
- Students will record special due dates. Assignments recorded without a due date are due the next day.
- The notebooks are checked at school, taken home daily by the student, checked by the parent and returned the following school day.
- Time may be given in class to begin an assignment. Any work not completed is considered homework.
- There will be times that special reports will be assigned and will be considered homework.
- Homework is assigned Monday through Thursday with the exception of long term assignments and projects.
- Fourth graders will be expected to do up to 40 minutes of homework per night, as research suggests the appropriate amount is about 10 minutes per grade level.
- Parents should contact the child’s teacher if homework is surpassing the suggested time limit on a regular basis.