The district has an ongoing early childhood screening process.
Any time you have concerns about your child's development, you may contact the district and request that an Ages and Stages questionnaire be mailed to your home.
Additional Information about the screening process
If you would like additional information on our screening process and/or would like to request a questionnaire please call Cheryl O'Sullivan at (630) 493-8008. Once you have completed and returned the questionnaire as directed, our staff of early childhood professionals will review the information and notify you of the results and any other assessments that may need to be conducted.
The children in the Early Childhood classes have qualified for the program. They have gone through the special education process. There is a morning class for three year old children and an afternoon class for four year old children. If you would like to have your child developmentally screened, please call the district's central office at 630.493.8008.
On Fridays, when school is in session, we have a guest come to our classroom to be our Secret Reader.
We ask that the reader arrive the last half hour of class. Also, he/she should bring a book to read to the class and stay for snack time.
The Secret Reader could be a parent, grandparent, a special family friend, sibling, or a community member. We just ask for the reader to contact the EC to set up a date to read.
- About Our Program
- Enrollment Requirements
- PreKindergarten Supply List
- Website Resources
- Class News
Bring to school each day:
- A backpack: to transport information, library books, and other things from school to home and back. Please label with your child’s name. A backpack tag will be provided. Please NO rolling backpacks.
- 1 folder and 1 spiral notebook for home/school communication (make sure they fit in the backpack and write your child’s name on them)
- A snack: a SINGLE SERVING of your child’s favorite snack in a ziploc bag or container with their name on it. Pack it so they can be completely independent at snack time. Make sure your child helps to choose it, so they will be sure to like it!
Please Note that contributing supplies for the classroom is not required, but donations are appreciated
- 1 container of Lysol/Clorox/ disinfecting surface wipes (or store brand)
- 1 box of 5oz bathroom cups for snack time water to drink
- 1 package of 4 dry erase markers-black
- 1 box of Ziploc bags-gallon or snack size needed
- 1 change of clothes (pants, underwear, shirt, socks). Please place in gallon sized ziploc bag labeled with child’s name. It will be kept in the backpack and used in case of bathroom accident, spills, or other messy mishap.