Welcome to the LJHS Technology Center
Mr. Pete Meyer
Lisle Junior High School
Technology Program - Course Outline
Explorations in Technology
Mr. Pete Meyer, Instructor
1. Seventh and eighth grade program. All levels required.
2. 10-30 students per class. Average class size 20.
3. One-quarter class (9 weeks) which rotates with Art, Family & Consumer Science, and Advanced Computer Skills.
4. Lab size, 60 x 40 with 18 module sites and a group seating area.
5. Seventh grade program: Three or four orientation sessions, three module rotations of seven sessions each, Discovery Days between modules, Special Activity Days - time permitting, four or five Wrap-Up Days.
6. Eighth grade program: Two orientation sessions, four module rotations of seven sessions each, Discovery Days between modules, three or four Special Activity Days, and four or five Wrap-Up Days.
7. Module Topics: Lab Manager, Research & Design, Digital Video, Energy Power & Mechanics, Rocketry, Audio Broadcasting, Eco-Architecture, Forensic Science, Practical Skills, Computer Graphics & Animation, Flight, Electronics, Applied Physics, Robots, CADD, Digital Transportation, CNC Manufacturing, Engineering Towers.