6th-12th Grade Vocal / General Music
- Compare and contrast elements and expressive qualities in a variety of musical style. Those elements include tempo, dynamics, rhythm, pitch, form, harmony, tone color as appropriate for grade level.
- Identify a variety of sounds and sound sources. (Early Elementary)
- Relate, read, and interpret traditional music notation as appropriate for grade level.
- Read and interpret the traditional music notation of note / rest values and letter names as appropriate for grade level.
- Demonstrate the ability to read written notation for a vocal part. (High School)
- Sing or play on classroom instruments a variety of music representing diverse cultures and styles.
- Create and perform music of challenging complexity and length with expression as appropriate for grade level.
- Know how the sounds, images, and movement convey stories about people, places, and times.
- Identify and describe how the arts communicate the similarities and differences among various people, places, and times. (Late Elementary)
- Analyze how the arts shape and reflect ideas, issues, or themes in a particular culture or historical period. (Late High School)