See What's Cooking in Mrs. Stefani's Room!
Mrs. Colleen Stefani
4th Grade Teacher
I can be reached by phone or email. Please leave a message anytime!
Bachelor's Degree from Eastern Illinois University
Master's Degree from National Louis University
I have been teaching 4th grade at Schiesher Elementary School since January, 1994.
When your child is absent from school, please phone the school’s attendance line 630-493-8199. This is available 24 hours a day. You must report the absence and the reason for the absence. Please make every effort to place the call by 9AM the day of the absence. We kindly thank you for your cooperation.
To see what your children are doing at any time each day, please click on the schedule below:
Click on a newsletter below if you missed one!
New! Click below to access 4th grade resources including tutorial math videos.
I Can Statements for Math
I can use rules to explain a pattern.
I can create a number or shape pattern.
- I can identify a pattern within a pattern.
I can divide up to 4 digit numbers by a 1 digit divisor.
I can apply the properties of operation to divide 4 digit numbers.
I can apply strategies based on place value to divide up to 4 digit numbers by a 1 digit divisor.
I can explore different strategies for the division of 4 digit dividends and 1 digit divisors.
I can illustrate and explain division with a rectangular array.
I can illustrate and explain division with a model.
- I can illustrate and explain division with an equation.
- I can identify equivalent fractions.
- I can create visual fraction models to show why fractions are equal.
- I can explain why two fractions are equivalent, but have different denominators.
- I can create equivalent fractions in number form by multiplying or dividing the numerator and denominator by the same number.
I can use multiples to find a lowest common denominator.
- I can compare fractions using symbols (<, >, =).
I can compare two fractions with different numerators (like denominators).
- I can compare two unlike fractions by creating like denominators .
- I can compare a fraction to a benchmark fraction such as 1⁄2, using a visual model.
- I can compare fractions to a benchmark fraction such as , 1⁄2 using numerical comparison.
- I can explain that the size of the whole matters when comparing fractions.
- I can justify comparisons by using a visual fraction model.
- I can create a visual model to explain the comparison of fractions.
- I can compare two unlike fractions using cross-multiplication.
Did you forget when you are in the Spotlight? If so, please click on the link below:
Click below to see our 4th grade homework guidelines:
To see how we work to ensure perfect harmony in the classroom, please click below:
Food Chains and Webs
Click on the word "owl" to try the virtual owl pellet dissection that we did in class!
Don't forget to click on "4th Grade News" from the menu on the left side of this screen to find resources for all of our programs!
Thanks for all of your support at home!