Welcome to Mrs. Klimes' Kindergarten Website
Go, Lisle Lions!
Mrs. Christy Klimes
Phone: (630) 493-8179
Welcome to Kindergarten!
I'm very glad to be your child's teacher! We will have a fantastic year! I am looking forward to working with you to make kindergarten the best experience possible for your child.
I can be reached by e-mail or phone. The best times to contact me by phone would be before 8:30 a.m. or after 3:15 p.m. If you need immediate attention, please call the Schiesher office at (630) 493-8100.
Mrs. Klimes' Background:
Bachelor's of Arts in Education from Illinois State University
Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a Concentration in Reading
Reading Specialist Certification
Member of Illinois Reading Council and the International Reading Association.
When your child is absent from school, please phone the school attendance line 630-493-8199. This is available 24 hours a day. You must report the absence and the reason for the absence. Please make every effort to place the call by 9AM the day of the absence. We kindly thank you for your cooperation.
- CHANGE! NEW INFORMATION! Monday, November 25 there will be NO KINDERGARTEN. We will have parent/teacher conferences that day.
- If you are interested in volunteering in our classroom, please be on the look out for "Observation Station" information!
- Parent/teacher conferences will be held on November 25 and November 26. Keep your eyes peeled for more information that will be coming home soon!
- Scholastic Book Orders are due December 4 to ensure arrival before winter break!!
- Please help your child participate in the Pizza Hut Book It Program! Simply read to/with your child nightly, fill out the reading log with the necessary amount of book titles and have your child return the book list to me! I will give him/her a coupon for a FREE personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut! It would be AMAZING to have 100% participation!
- If you are interested in being a "Mystery Reader" in our class please e-mail or call me to let me know! We can schedule a time for you to come in and surprise your child!
- HOMEWORK PACKETS ARE DUE AT THE END OF THE WEEK!
SIGHT WORD INFORMATION
We began learning sight words! Words for the current week are highlighted below! Please click on "Sight Word Games" below for ideas on how to make practice fun for your child! PLEASE PRACTICE/REVIEW SIGHT WORDS EVERY NIGHT!
Kindergarten Sight Words in Order of Instruction:
Week 1: the, to, and, a
Week 2: I, it, in, you
Week 3: said, look, up, for
Week 4: review games/activities of weeks 1-3
Week 5: is, go, we, little
Week 6: down, can, see, not
Week 7: me, my, big, on
Week8: Review games/activities of weeks 5-7.
Week 9: come, blue, red, where
Week 10: jump, away, here, help
Week 11: two, make, play, yellow
Week 12: Review
Week 13: Review
Week 14: run, find, three, funny
Week 15: he, she, that, was
Week 16: at, but, they, on
Week 17: Review
Week 18: with, all, there, out
Week 19: be, have, am, do
Week 20: did, what, so, get
Week 21: Review
Week 22: like, this, will, yes
Week 23: went, are, now, no
Week 24: came, ride, into
Week 25: good, want, too, pretty
Week 26: four, saw, well, ran
Week 27: eat, who, new, must
Week 28: soon, our, ate, say, under
Week 29: Review
Week 30: please, black, white, brown
Week 31: nine, pink, orange
Week 32: Review
Classroom Behavior Expectations/Rewards:
Traffic Light/High Five Chart
- Nightly Homework: Reading is such a special and important thing to do with your child. Please read together every night! Reading aloud to your child and discussing the book you are reading should be relaxing and fun! Enjoy this special time with your child!
- In the beginning of the school year, special assignments will be given from time to time. A note will be included in your child's take-home folder explaining when the special work will need to be returned.
- Beginning the first week of OCTOBER, an official homework packet will be sent home. More information will come home soon regarding these homework packets.