Welcome to Mrs. Klimes' Kindergarten Website
Go, Lisle Lions!
Mrs. Christy Klimes
Phone: (630) 493-8179
Welcome to Kindergarten!
I'm very glad to be your child's teacher! We will have a fantastic year! I am looking forward to working with you to make kindergarten the best experience possible for your child.
I can be reached by e-mail or phone. The best times to contact me by phone would be before 8:30 a.m. or after 3:15 p.m. If you need immediate attention, please call the Schiesher office at (630) 493-8100.
Mrs. Klimes' Background:
Bachelor's of Arts in Education from Illinois State University
Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a Concentration in Reading
Reading Specialist Certification
Member of Illinois Reading Council and the International Reading Association.
When your child is absent from school, please phone the school attendance line 630-493-8199. This is available 24 hours a day. You must report the absence and the reason for the absence. Please make every effort to place the call by 9AM the day of the absence. We kindly thank you for your cooperation.
Important Note Regarding Half Days:
There is NO kindergarten on district half days.
There is NO KINDERGERTEN for the 2015-2016 school year on the following days:
Thursday, October 8
Friday, October 30
Friday, February 12
Friday, May 20
Please be sure to check my webpage often so you can be aware of important dates and information!
- February Homework Packets are due on February 26th.
- Scholastic Book Orders are to be completed before February 26th.
- MARCH 4TH--NO SCHOOL DUE TO TEACHER INSTITUTE
- April 21---Kindergarten Fine Arts Fair
- May 6---ALL DAY and all kindergarten field trip to the Chicago Botanic Gardens (More information will be coming home closer to spring break.)
- May 11---Kindergarten Family Math Night--Please be sure to RSVP so we know you are coming!
- May 16--Mrs. Klimes' Student Writing Celebration
- Please be sure to send in your RSVP so I can inform the office that you will be checking in with your photo id
- AM celebration is from 10:00-10:30, PM celebrationi is from 2:00-2:30
- Come and listen to your child and his/her classmates read their books they have written!
- May 19--Step Up Day
- Kindergarteners will board a bus to Tate Woods School to meet the first grade teachers. Please return the permission slips once you receive them so your child can ride the bus for this special day.
- May 23--Kindergarten Fun Day
- Be sure your child is dressed to play outside (gym shoes, sunblock) weather permitting
- May 25--Last day of school
- Please be sure to RSVP if you will be attending our special presentation (NOT a graduation). More info to be sent home soon!
WHAT ARE RAINBOW WORDS? Rainbow Words is our classroom sight word incentive program. Instruction began on Monday, September 28th. We learn 4-5 new words per week. See the monthly homework packets and the information below for more!
If you are interested in being a "Mystery Reader" in our class please e-mail or call me to let me know! We can schedule a Friday (a.m. Mystery Reader time slot is 10:50-11:10/p.m. Mystery Reader time slot is from 2:50-3:10) for you to come in and surprise your child!
Lisle Kindergarten's 100th Day Celebration was in the Daily Herald! Click here for the article: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160212/news/160219914/
SIGHT WORD (Rainbow Words) INFORMATION
Words for the current week will be highlighted below! Please click on "Sight Word Games" below for ideas on how to make practice fun for your child! PLEASE PRACTICE/REVIEW SIGHT WORDS EVERY NIGHT!
Kindergarten Sight Words in Order of Instruction (beginning the week of September 28):
Week 1: the, to, and, a
Week 2: I, it, in, you
Week 3: said, look, up, for
Week 4: review games/activities of weeks 1-3
Week 5: is, go, we, little
Week 6: down, can, see, not
Week 7: me, my, big, on
Week8: Review games/activities of weeks 5-7.
Week 9: come, blue, red, where
Week 10: jump, away, here, help
Week 11: two, make, play, yellow
Week 12: Review
Week 13: Review
Week 14: run, find, three, funny
Week 15: he, she, that, was
Week 16: at, but, they, on
Week 17: Review
Week 18: with, all, there, out
Week 19: be, have, am, do
Week 20: did, what, so, get
Week 21: Review
Week 22: like, this, will, yes
Week 23: went, are, now, no
Week 24: came, ride, into
Week 25: good, want, too, pretty
Week 26: four, saw, well, ran
Week 27: eat, who, new, must
Week 28: soon, our, ate, say, under
Week 29: Review
Week 30: please, black, white, brown
Week 31: nine, pink, orange
Week 32: Review
Beginning in a few weeks, each Friday, your child will bring home his/her poetry journal. Please be sure to sit and spend some time reading with your child, making sure to talk about his/her illustrations. Journals need to be back at school the following Monday.
(click here) Specials Schedule
Click here: Classroom Behavior Incentives and Expectations