Welcome to Mrs. Klimes' Kindergarten Website
Go, Lisle Lions!
Mrs. Christy Klimes
Phone: (630) 493-8179
Welcome to Kindergarten!
I'm very glad to be your child's teacher! We will have a fantastic year! I am looking forward to working with you to make kindergarten the best experience possible for your child.
I can be reached by e-mail or phone. The best times to contact me by phone would be before 8:30 a.m. or after 3:15 p.m. If you need immediate attention, please call the Schiesher office at (630) 493-8100.
Mrs. Klimes' Background:
Bachelor's of Arts in Education from Illinois State University
Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a Concentration in Reading
Reading Specialist Certification
Member of Illinois Reading Council and the International Reading Association.
When your child is absent from school, please phone the school attendance line 630-493-8199. This is available 24 hours a day. You must report the absence and the reason for the absence. Please make every effort to place the call by 9AM the day of the absence. We kindly thank you for your cooperation.
Important Note Regarding Half Days:
There is NO kindergarten on district half days.
Please be sure to check my webpage often so you can be aware of important dates and information!
- What is Vision 202? It is a collaboration between the community and Lisle CUSD 202 that focuses on creating successful educational experiences for students. The third meeting will be at Lisle Jr. High School on Saturday, April 25th at 9:00 a.m.
- April Homework Packets are due the week of: April 25
- Pizza Hut Book It is finished for the school year.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due: April 25th--THIS IS THE LAST ONE FOR THE YEAR!
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES FOR KINDERGARTEN:
- APRIL 23rd at 6:30 PM is our Kindergarten Fine Arts Fair (more info will be sent home)
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 13TH from 6:30-7:30 (you will need to RSVP for this event--info coming home soon)
- JUNE 1st IS STEP UP DAY (We will board a bus to go to Tate Woods. Keep your eyes peeled for a permission slip you will need to return.)
- JUNE 2nd IS OUR ALL DAY FIELD TRIP TO THE MORTON ARBORETUM!
- JUNE 3rd IS KINDERGARTEN FUN DAY!
- Please be sure to have your child practice his/her math skills on the motivating IXL website! Please contact me if you need me to send home a copy of your child's password! Scroll down to access our district login page.
- WHAT ARE RAINBOW WORDS? Rainbow Words is our classroom sight word incentive program. Please keep your eyes peeled for more information on this excitng program!
- If you are interested in being a "Mystery Reader" in our class please e-mail or call me to let me know! We can schedule a Friday (a.m. Mystery Reader time slot is 11:00-11:10/p.m. Mystery Reader time slot is from 3:00-3:10) for you to come in and surprise your child!
SIGHT WORD (Rainbow Words) INFORMATION
Words for the current week will be highlighted below! Please click on "Sight Word Games" below for ideas on how to make practice fun for your child! PLEASE PRACTICE/REVIEW SIGHT WORDS EVERY NIGHT!
Kindergarten Sight Words in Order of Instruction (beginning the week of September 29):
Week 1: the, to, and, a
Week 2: I, it, in, you
Week 3: said, look, up, for
Week 4: review games/activities of weeks 1-3
Week 5: is, go, we, little
Week 6: down, can, see, not
Week 7: me, my, big, on
Week8: Review games/activities of weeks 5-7.
Week 9: come, blue, red, where
Week 10: jump, away, here, help
Week 11: two, make, play, yellow
Week 12: Review
Week 13: Review
Week 14: run, find, three, funny
Week 15: he, she, that, was
Week 16: at, but, they, on
Week 17: Review
Week 18: with, all, there, out
Week 19: be, have, am, do
Week 20: did, what, so, get
Week 21: Review
Week 22: like, this, will, yes
Week 23: went, are, now, no
Week 24: came, ride, into
Week 25: good, want, too, pretty
Week 26: four, saw, well, ran
Week 27: eat, who, new, must
Week 28: soon, our, ate, say, under
Week 29: Review
Week 30: please, black, white, brown
Week 31: nine, pink, orange
Week 32: Review
Beginning in a few weeks, each Friday, your child will bring home his/her poetry journal. Please be sure to sit and spend some time reading with your child, making sure to talk about his/her illustrations. Journals need to be back at school the following Monday.
Classroom Behavior Expectations/Rewards:
Click here: Behavior Incentives and Expectations