Title I Reading
Welcome to Reading Club!
Mrs. Nicole Nelson, MSEd, MAEd
A Little About Me...
- Seventeen years in Lisle, including six years at first grade, one year "looped" to second grade, and ten years as the third, fourth, and fifth grade Reading Specialist/Title I Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts in Education - North Central College, 1998
- Master's of Science in Reading - Northern Illinois University, 2004
- K-12 Reading Specialist Certification, 2004
- Master's of Arts in Educational Leadership and Administration - North Central College, 2008
- ESL Endorsement - Benedictine University, 2012
- Member of ASCD (Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development), IRA (International Reading Association), and IRC (Illinois Reading Council)
I reside in Aurora with my husband of 15 years, Dave, our two daughters, Alexa (6) & Riley (4), our two cats, Tully & Ginger, and our new puppy Mickey. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, shopping, crafting, and, of course, reading!
Information for Parents:
Miscellaneous Title I Information~
Frequently Asked Questions
Title I Parent Handbook
Parent Workshop PowerPoint
Reading Tips, Strategies, etc.~
Comprehension "Fix Up" Strategies
ABC's of Parenting
Strategies to Support Reading Acquisition
Web Sites to visit WITH your child~
Web Sites for parents~
When your child is absent from school, please phone the school’s attendance line 630-493-8199. This is available 24 hours a day. You must report the absence and the reason for the absence. Please make every effort to place the call by 9AM the day of the absence. We kindly thank you for your cooperation.