LES Summer Learning
Welcome to the Lisle Elementary School 2021 summer program. Our school if offering two types of programs to support summer learning this year. Please click on the section below that applies to your child's learning option.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SIGN UP FOR A MEETING TIME
All students will have access to iReady’s My Path lessons on their personal devices over the summer. Your child’s My Path is based on the most recent diagnostic test which was administered the week of May 17th. All students are assigned lessons in My Path and the lessons will push your student to learn past their current level. If you need a device to complete your lessons, please contact the main office so we can make sure you have a device to use over the summer.
What is My Path?
My Path offers personalized reading and math lessons based on your child’s spring diagnostic. Each lesson helps your child learn new content and skills that are appropriate for the next level.
How often should my child use My Path?
We suggest no more than 45 minutes a week per subject and should be completed at your child’s own pace.
How does my child access My Path?
- Log into iReady at https://login.i-ready.com/
- Your child will enter their username and password. This is the same username and password they’ve used all year. A copy of the username and password is coming home in backpacks today or were mailed with report cards to our VA students.
How can my child connect with a teacher during their iReady personalized learning experience?
After completing a few lessons on My Path, you and your child may sign up for an optional 20 minute check in with the designated iReady teacher.
During this check in, your child will receive encouragement and support in their lessons. Your child can ask questions and may receive additional instruction or review. The classroom teacher will have access to your child’s My Path and will review your child’s progress prior to the scheduled check in. Check ins will take place over google meets and after you sign up, the teacher will reach out to you with additional details.
Dates: June 10th, 17th and 24th
You may sign up for a check in with a teacher by clicking the button below and selecting a 20 minute time that works for you and your child.
We look forward to a successful three weeks of learning and strengthening your child’s skills. Summer School will begin Monday, June 7th and will run through July 22th, Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-11:00 at Lisle Elementary School. Summer school at Lisle Elementary is by invitation only based on student need.
Below is information about summer school that you and your child will need to know in order to have a successful experience.
Summer School Office
Summer School Mitigation Procedures
Social distancing with individuals 6 ft apart in the building
- Masks worn inside except when eating
- Frequent hand washing
- If any student or anyone in the student’s home has COVID symptoms, they need to either isolate for 10 days, get an alternative diagnosis or a negative test result before returning to school.
- Any student who is a close contact of someone who tests positive for COVID must quarantine for 14 days away from the person who tested positive in order to return to school.
- Your child should have brought home a booklet of health certification tickets. Parents should complete the white student health certification ticket each day and send it with their child each day of summer school.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Students may arrive NO EARLIER than 7:50 am. Parents may drop off students in the large parent pick up/drop off lot. For safety reasons, we ask that students remain in the car with their parents until an adult is present for supervision.
- Dismissal will be at 11:00 each day. Students will be escorted out the building for parent pick up each day.
- If you have any questions regarding transportation, please call the Lisle Elementary School office (630-493-8100)
- If you are transporting by car, please use the assigned car sign (previously emailed) each day at pick up. Please place the sign in the front passenger window.
If your child will be absent for any reason, call and leave a message on the absence line at 630-493-8199. Please let us know the reason for the absence, as we will need to know if your child or someone in your home is experiencing Covid-related symptoms or if they are a close contact and have to quarantine.
All students should bring their school-issued device and a pair of headphones with them on the first day of summer school. The device will remain at school and will not come home with them each night.
Please plan on packing a peanut free snack for your child. Please send a water bottle for your child. Students will be able to use the playground equipment and will go outside for a 15-minute break.