Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think!
- Seventh Grade Math Power Standards
- Seventh Grade Language Arts Power Standards
- Seventh Grade Social Studies Power Standards
- Grade Level Newsletters
- Demonstrate competency in computations with all operations of real numbers applying the order of operations
- Use variables to represent unknown quantities and show how variables can be used to form algebraic expressions that represent real life situations
- Use ratios and proportions to solve real life problems involving unit rates,scale factors, and rate of change
- Apply formulas and procedures for determining the volume and surface area of prisms and cylinders
- Use context to figure out meanings of new vocabulary words and use vocabulary in context.
- Define and identify literary terminology (i.e. plot, climax, conflict, resolution, setting, theme, characters, point of view, etc.)
- Write proper paragraphs that include strong details, examples, and textual evidence in writing.
- Use standard, acceptable grammar in writing. This includes complete sentences, correct spelling, and proper punctuation. The students would also be able to revise these elements in the process of proofreading.
- Evaluate own work to determine if it meets given criteria.
- Identify, analyze, and apply knowledge of the purpose, structure, and elements of nonfiction or informational materials and provide evidence from the text to support their understanding.
- Identify and analyze the characteristics of literature and the elements of fiction.
- Develop compositions (5-paragraph essays) with clear topic development, logical organization, and effective use of detail.
- Identify and use in writing a variety of sentence structures (simple, compound, and complex).
- Locate, describe, and explain places, regions, and features on the earth.
- Use the five themes of geography to interpret geographic information for different regions.
- Evaluate the impact of physical geography on cultural geography.
- Identify various economic systems and recognize the systems implications on society.
- Identify the evolution of various governmental systems and their impact on those societies.
- Evaluate the effects of belief systems and technology on culture.