Career & Technical Education
The mission of Career and Technical Education (CTE) is to provide college and career readiness instruction through a dynamic, hands-on curriculum, providing students the education and skills necessary to prepare them for a specific college major and/or career. Students will acquire the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and think creatively to solve problems.
- Students will be introduced to life skills that promote positive growth and development.
- Students will use content-specific tools, software, and simulations to support learning and research.
- Students apply strategies of critical thinking in order to effectively identify and solve technical problems.
Technology is embedded in our world. In order to effectively prepare our students for their futures, it is essential that our students learn how to effectively utilize the power and resources technology provides. Technology class students will become technologically literate through the use of, and interaction with, a variety of technologies.
- Students will apply strategies of critical thinking in order to effectively identify and solve technical problems.
- Students will analyze and assess the impacts, positive and negative, that technology has on our society.
- Students will develop an awareness and knowledge of the technologies that impact their daily lives.
- Students will utilize content-specific tools, researching skills, and mathematics strategies to answer technological questions.