In the meantime, here are some preventative measures the CDC recommends:
- Wash hands frequently: This hand washing graphic.
- Sanitize commonly used surfaces such as keyboards and desk surfaces.
- Use common sense actions (espanol) to reduce the spread of germs:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Discourage food and beverage sharing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We ask that you speak with your child about healthy habits and the common-sense actions listed above to help keep reduce the spread of COVID-19. If you have medical questions or concerns, please contact your medical professional or the Illinois Department of Public Health's hotline at 1-800-889-3931.
For additional information, please click the trusted links below.