Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Most records maintained by public entities are open for inspection and/or copying by individuals through the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) (5 ILCS 140/1 et.seq). Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, these records may be accessed by the public upon written request.
The following are links to many documents available on the District website which you may download at this time (no FOIA request required):
- Board Policies
- District boundary map
- Schedule of regular board meetings
- Agenda for each regular board meeting that is posted at least 48 hours before the meeting and remains posted until the meeting is concluded
- Official open meeting minutes that are posted within 7 days of the Board's approval and remain posted for at least 60 days
- Business Office Information
- Annual budget for the current year
- Administrative salary compensation report
- Listing of all contracts over $25,000 for the current fiscal year
- District current report card
- Lisle Education Association Contract
- Classified Employee Association of Lisle Contract
- How do I submit a FOIA request?
- What happens after I submit a request?
- What are the costs for duplication?
District 202 has no specific FOIA request form. Requests should state that information is being sought under the Freedom of Information Act. Provide a brief description of the public records requested, being as specific as possible. Requests must be submitted in writing and can be either mailed to the below address or emailed to:
Freedom of Information Officer, Keith Filipiak
Fax – 630.971.4054
Email – email@example.com
Lisle Community Unit School District 202
Attn: Freedom of Information Officer
5211 Center Avenue
Lisle, Illinois 60532-2306
For a complete copy of the Illinois Open Records Act, contact Lisle Community Unit School District 202’s Freedom of Information Officer (see below contact information) or go to the Illinois Attorney General’s website http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov
The Illinois Freedom of Information Act requires agencies to respond within five business days of receipt of a request. An extension of time may be requested for reasons stated in 5 ILCS 140/3(e)(i-vii).
If the requested records are 50 pages, or less, in length, the pages will be copied and mailed to the requestor. If the records exceed 50 pages, the requester will be informed of the duplication cost.
Fee schedule for duplication of public records
Paper copy from paper or electronic source (50 pages or less)
Paper copy from paper or electronic source (51 pages or more)
$.15 per page
Copy of audio or video material
cost of media
Checks are to be made payable to: "Lisle Community Unit School District 202"